Above Nav Container

Banner image Hanover High School pencil drawn front exterior of Hanover High School

Utility Container

Search Trigger (Container)

Button (Container)

Mobile Menu Trigger (container)

Off Canvas Navigation Container

Close Trigger (container)



PowerSchoolSchoologyMy MealTime
NavianceParent FormsCalendar



What is the schedule?

Daily Schedule



Period 1


Period 1


Period 2


Period 2


Period 3


Period 3






Period 4


Period 4


Period 5


Period 5


Period 6


Period 6


Period 7


Period 7


What library resources are available?

The library hours are 7:30-4:30 Monday-Friday. After hours, students have online access to research databases, online encyclopedias, research guides, citation generators, and audio books in the catalog. Passwords are required to access online sources when off-site. Students can find database passwords shared in their Google Drive under "Database Passwords." A few online subscriptions, such as NY Times access, is only available in the school building. Each HHS student can receive a Howe Library card which allows them access to Howe materials.

What is the exam schedule ?

Exams are held twice a year at the end of 2nd and 4th quarters. Once finalized, the exam schedule is posted on the HHS homepage.

What if I need to reschedule an exam?

A student who needs to reschedule an exam should appeal to the Principal in writing. If a reschedule is approved, a form will be issued to arrange a new time to take the exam between the student, the student's parent/guardian, the teacher, and the department coordinator.

Once an agreement is made and all parties have signed the form, the form is due to the attendance secretary in the main office.

What are the expectations for homework and grading?

The handbook has information for staff and students regarding assignments and grading, including the Code of Quiet, Posting of Assignments, Return of Papers Policy, and Homework Over Vacation. Teachers may also include information about homework expectations in their Course Standards.

Are there course evaluations?

Teachers are required to administer mid-course and end of course evaluations.

What do I do if I have a concern about a course?

Course Concerns
To Register a Concern with a Course or Evaluation:
Passed 05/06/2015

When issues emerge, Council encourages the student to first speak with the teacher. If there is no resolution, the student should contact the teacher’s supervisor (if applicable). If there is still no resolution, then Council provides this recourse:

If a student wishes to register a concern, then the student must do so in writing (typed or handwritten, but printed and signed) to a Curriculum Committee member of Council or submit the Course Concern Form. The Curriculum Committee will then notify the following persons about this concern: the teacher, the teacher’s supervisor (if applicable), the principal. The Curriculum Committee will remove the student’s name from the letter unless otherwise requested by the student. The Curriculum Committee will give the letter to the principal. The Curriculum Committee will keep no permanent records of the concern. The Curriculum Committee respectfully requests that, insofar as possible in keeping with the teacher’s privacy rights, the teacher’s supervisor or the principal inform the committee of any action taken so that the Curriculum Committee can provide feedback to the student.


What is the Code of Conduct?

The Co-curricular Code of Conduct is a HHS policy developed by Council, the staff and school board which contains the minimum standards and procedures that apply to all students who participate in co-curricular activities and Council.

Where are athletic events held?

Athletic events are held at various locations depending on the sport, team, and weather conditions. Be sure to confirm event locations. Below, is a list of home sporting event locations organized by sport.

Alpine Skiing
BaseballDresden Athletic Fields
BasketballHanover High School Gym
CrewWilson's Landing
Cross-Country RunningStorrs Pond Recreation Area
Cross-Country SkiingGaripay Field
Field HockeyMerriman-Branch Memorial Field & Dresden Athletic Fields
FootballMerriman-Branch Memorial Field
GolfHanover Country Club
Ice HockeyJames W. Campion III Ice Rink
Indoor TrackLeverone Field House
LacrosseMerriman-Branch Memorial Field and Hanover High School
Outdoor TrackHanover High School Track
Ski JumpingOak Hill at Storrs Pond Recreation Area
SoftballDresden Athletic Fields
SoccerMerriman-Branch Memorial Field, Hanover High School, and Dresden Athletic Fields
SwimmingUpper Valley Aquatic Center
TennisStorrs Pond Recreation Area, Boss Tennis Center, and Huntley Meadows
VolleyballHanover High School Gym

What are the co-curricular activities are available at HHS?

There are numerous co-curricular activities at Hanover High School from theater and athletics to student-led musical groups and clubs. More detailed information about co-curriculars can be found under the Enrichment portion of our website.

Physical & Mental Health

Student Life

Why is my portal locked?

Any students who owes over $100 (for a parking ticket, unreturned book, cafeteria bill, etc), will have their portal locked.

How do I pay a fee?

To pay fee contact the main office.

If I am involved in an academic integrity incident, what happens?

If your are involved in an academic integrity incident you will speak with the teacher and the Dean of Students, and your parents will be notified. You can chose to take the base consequence outlined in the handbook, go through the restorative practices process, or you can appeal to the Judiciary Committee.

Can I bring a car to school? Is there parking?

We do not have enough parking for every student to drive a car to school. Students wishing to park in our limited parking spaces must apply for a parking permit.
Students applying for a parking permit must have a valid license by the date of issue. All designated student spaces will be distributed in the following order of priority:

  • Hardship Students
  • Seniors (by lottery if spaces available)

Hardship parking is defined as a situation that is out of the control of the student. This burden would require a student to drive their vehicle to school in order to attend their classes on a daily basis. The following circumstances DO NOT apply for Hardship:

  • Extracurricular activities (before or after school)
  • Sports
  • Carpooling
  • Students that have access to bus routes

Hardship applicants should come with a letter from their family, signed by themselves and their guardians, stating their hardship. Acceptance of Hardship situations is at the discretion of the Dean of Students.

I am having a problem with my Chromebook, what do I do?

If your child is having a technical issue with their Chromebook, they should bring their Chromebook to the Computer Lab. If your child has left their Chromebook at home, your child may borrow a Chromebook from the departmental resource center of any class that requires them to use their Chromebook. Students should bring their Chromebook to school charged. Chargers are not available to be borrowed, but charging stations are located in the library and computer lab.

What is the dress code?

The following guidelines are to be encouraged while students are on school property during school hours:

  • Clothing that contains words or graphics referring to alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and tobacco should not be worn.
  • Clothing with obscene or sexual references in words or graphics should not be worn.
  • Students must wear sufficient clothing so that no bare skin or underwear is visible in the front or back of the torso from the upper chest to below the buttocks.
  • Footwear is required.

More information

How do I print at school?

To print from a school provided Chromebook:

  1. Choose PRINT from the ... menu in the upper right corner
  2. Select the desired printer. The printer you choose should have a green Papercut symbol next to it.
  3. N2uoSJXDUqnx9OByv8FXIjRHYbgOgJP1j1WCryLj3MDbHVoWonN69tzh6z5yCegHn-uBBbxJ_e8P_g1DJFoGLqN2IJYMvEFU9pisPqXI6Shbjuha4C1zVBKJ8peOboeno5P6PEj7
  4. LOGIN to the app using your school provided username and password.
  5. Pick up your print job!

To print from an Ipad on one of the school networks:

  1. Choose Airprint
  2. Select printer
  3. Log in to Papercut
  4. Print!

To upload a document to print from a personal computer:

  1. Format the print job as a PDF (only supported filetype at this time)
  2. Go to: http://printserver.dresden.us:9191
  3. Enter your username and password
  4. Choose Webprint
  5. Choose Submit
  6. Choose Print Options and Account Selection
  7. Upload file
  8. Choose Upload and Complete