Above Nav Container

Banner image Hanover High School pencil drawn front exterior of Hanover High School

Utility Container

Search Trigger (Container)

Button (Container)

Mobile Menu Trigger (container)

Off Canvas Navigation Container

Close Trigger (container)


Prospective Families

Hanover High School's diverse course offerings and numerous extracurricular activities allow students to explore their own
interests and develop skills in many fields.

Hanover High School is located in the Upper Valley, an area of central New Hampshire and Vermont that runs along either side of the Connecticut River. People are drawn to the Upper Valley for its quality of life, beauty, recreational activities, arts and cultural experiences and employment opportunities.

During the months of November to February, Hanover High School offers shadow days to prospective students. We believe that spending time at Hanover High School on a normal school day with a current student can be extremely helpful in seeing what our school is like on a daily basis. Shadow days will be held on most Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the months of November-February and requests for shadow days must be made by the Thursday prior to week you want to shadow. Complete this Google Form to schedule your Shadow Visits.

For other visit requests please schedule a visit by emailing the Counseling Office.

If you have moved to our district, please remember that you need to register your student prior to attending Hanover High School. Please visit our New Student Registration page for more instructions.

Families looking to register their child for the 19-20 school year please use this link to access the PreRegistration form.


Residency Requirements

A resident student is defined as any student living on a regular basis with a parent or legal guardian whose residence in Hanover, New Hampshire (see RSA 21:6-e),or any student whose parent or legal guardian resides in Norwich, Vermont (see 16 V.S.A. 1075(a)).

Sending Schools

Several surrounding Upper Valley towns are either "sending" or "choice" districts. Sending districts are towns that do not have a high school (or in limited cases middle school) of their own. “Choice Districts” are districts where students can choose to go to other towns’ schools. If you live in a Sending District or a Choice District there are different rules for paying the tuition to Hanover High School.Learn More

How will we decide what courses my child will take?

All 9th graders are required to take placement exams. If you are entering HHS after 9th grade, your child may be required to take placement tests in math, science, and foreign languages. The School Counselor will determine this after academic records are reviewed.More information

My child is interested in playing a sport, whom do I contact ?

Please contact the Athletic Director, ext. 2115 for information about joining HHS athletic teams. More information

My child is interested in participating in theatre, whom do I contact ?

Please contact Terry Samwick for information about joining HHS theatre program. More information