HHS Media Center
The library hours for 2018 are still being determined based on staffing. For the start of the 2018 school year the library will not be available after school. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to offer after school hours in the near future.
The Media Center Staff:
Jessica Eakin, Media Specialist
Martha Cassidy, Media Secretary
The Media Center Guidelines:
- Bottled water (without sugar) is allowed in the library.
- Coffee & Tea in tightly closed travel mugs are the only other allowable liquid.
- No food is allowed in the library - except in the Silent Study Room.
- There is no talking in the Silent Study Room.
- Group study is allowed in the main areas of the library. Please keep noise at an appropriate level.
- Chairs must be moved back at the end of the class period.
- The library classroom may be used for study only when a class is not using the space.
- The library conference room is available to be scheduled for meetings, please see circulation desk staff to schedule this area.
Location of Materials:
- Look at the signage throughout the library to help locate a specific collection.
- Fiction and the Short Story Collections are located in the center of the main room of the library.
- Graphic Novels are located by entrance to the library.
- Biographies are in the main area of the library next to the puzzle case.
- Career & College Resources are located on a bookcase by the conference room.
- Audiobooks and Fiction DVDs are located behind the circulation desk.
- Non-Fiction and Biography DVDs, are located adjacent to the ramp leading to the library classroom.
- Reference Books are located in the library classroom area up the ramp.
- Non-Fiction Materials are located around the perimeter of the main room of the library.
- Headphones, rulers, tape, markers, staplers, scissors, paper, etc are available at the circulation desk.
- A standing charging station is located in the rear of the library in front of the windows.
- To check out any type of AV equipment, please see Ms. Mangione in the equipment office (to the right of the entrance to the library).
You can search the library catalog by clicking here or on any computer by opening a browser and going to the Hanover High School website. Then navigate to the HHS Library/Media Center located under Learning on the top menu. Enter your criteria into the ‘Search the Catalog’ area. If you cannot find a resource using the catalog, please just ask one of the staff - we are happy to help.
Checking Out Materials:
- Please check out all materials at the circulation desk.
- Books may be renewed and/or reserved.
- A/V Equipment is to be checked at the circulation desk.
Printing and Copying:
- Photocopies may be made at no cost to you. However, photocopying should not be used in lieu of note taking or for non-school activities. Please double side when possible and ask for assistance if you require more than 15 copies.
- If you wish to print to the Media Center Printer, please choose the ‘Library’ printer in the Print Dialog Box. There is an instruction sheet available to assist in setting up printing from a personal computer.
Equipment Available for Students:
Students must have a Media Center Permission form, signed by a parent/guardian and by the student, on record at the media center prior to using any digital equipment. You are responsible for any damage of loss of equipment. This means if you check out a camera and your friend borrows it and loses it, you are responsible, because it was your responsibility.
- Digital Cameras, FLIPS, Digital Camcorders, Nanos/iPods, Tripods, and their components.
- Equipment must be used for school-related projects.
- Computer loaners are available to be checked out overnight from the Upper Computer Lab. The loan period is for one night only, commencing at 3pm and the ending no later than 8am the next day.