Solicitations by Students
DSB Regulation KHD-R
(Effective April 28, 1978)
The following steps will be taken when solicitation requests are desired of local merchants:
1. Notify the Dean of Students so that a) they might confirm whether or not other teams, grades, or departments are already soliciting and b) we avoid heavy scheduling of fund-raising efforts.
2. The staff member responsible for directing the activity will submit a request to the secretary of the Hanover Chamber of Commerce asking that they appear before the Board to discuss the project. The request is to be co-signed by the Principal. This process is required of any new fund-raising projects.
3. If approved, the staff member in charge will draw up guidelines for the students regarding:
- division of labor to ensure only one solicitation to each merchant.
- presentation of an introductory letter or statement to the merchant.
- procedures about courtesy.
4. Formal thank you notes should be a routine follow-up procedure.
NOTE 1: All Solicitations (fund-raising) projects by athletic teams must have prior approval of the Athletic Director before contacting the Dean of Students.
NOTE 2: Traditional fund-raising activities connected with the yearbook (calendar and football programs) are exempted from this regulation.